Villa de Leyva Private Full Day Tour
- Duration: 12 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Villa de Leyva, Colombia / South America
- Product code: VDL full day
In this full-day tour, you’ll be collected from your hotel in Bogotá and take an awe-inspiring round trip through some beautiful landscape.
Your tour includes strolling through cobblestone streets lined with houses of wonderful architecture, including exquisite wooden doors and gates. Along with the entrance fees to all of the important locations in the area.
You'll be collected early in the morning to ensure you have time to enjoy this complete day. To start with you'll make a stop at El Puente de Boyacá (Boyacá Bridge). This is where the final battle was fought on August 7, 1819, known as the Battle of Boyacá which granted independence to New Granada (Colombia) from Spain.
Next, you'll continue onto the beautiful city of Villa de Leyva. Once here you'll enjoy a walking tour of the main plaza and other important areas of this town. You'll absolutely love the cobblestone roads, grand wooden gates, and doors, stone fences that go for miles. This small town will give you the feeling of having traveled back in time 400 years.
After you've enjoyed lunch in one of the many restaurants you'll continue on your tour, including the beautiful monastery; Monasterio Del Santo Eccehomo, The largest piece of pottery in the world; The Terracotta House. You'll also get to meet some of the dinosaurs that walked here before you with a stop at The Fossil Museum.
Following this, you’ll start the trip back to Bogotá.
- Pickup and Drop-off from your Bogota accommodation
- Transport in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees- Monasterio Del Santo Eccehomo, Fossil Museum, Terracota House
- Walking tour of Villa de Leyva
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- Experiences and Transportation not mentioned in the plan
- Personal expenses and tips