Bird Watching – Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary Private Full Day Tour Including Lunch
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: PEREIRA, RISARALDA
- Product code: Bird + Monkey spotting
Otún Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary
With over 1900 species, Colombia is the nation with the greatest variety of birds on the planet. The entire topography of the Colombian Coffee Cultural Landscape showcases in this central Andes region. Here you will find an array of different species in this mountain rich in birdlife and renowned for its tanagers and hummingbirds.
This amazing scenic tour starts on the western inclines of the central mountain range, in the Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary. Here the Rio Otún has a list including approximately 330 varieties of birds.
Once you have arrived at the sanctuary you'll enjoy a brief explanation of this area, along with a short video, of some of the wildlife you will hopefully soon see. You'll then venture out for a 90 min walk through the beautiful place surrounded by nothing but nature and the sounds of birds, monkeys, creeks, and wind rushing through the trees.
Following this, you'll enjoy a typical lunch from this region before heading back to your hotel to relax for the evening.
You can enjoy a wonderful bird-watching activity focusing on endemics, such as the Bar-crested Antshrike, Crested Ant-Tanager, Multi-colored Tanager, Torrent Duck, Torrent Tyrannulet, Cauca Guan, and the Chestnut – Wood-Quail.
- Pick up and Drop off from your Salento accommodation.
- Transport in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Bird watching tour at the Fauna and Flora Sanctuary Otún Quimbaya
- Entrance fees
- Hydration and a Typical Lunch
- Bilingual Tour Guide – Spanish, English.
- Boots, raincoats, telescopes, binoculars
- Experiences and transportation not mentioned in the plan
- Personal expenses and tips